Friday, February 18, 2011

"Walkin' On Sunshine"

Let's go back to the '80's, 1983 to be exact.  A group called Katrina and the Waves had a smash hit called "Walkin' On Sunshine".  I don't know if this group is what is known as a "one hit wonder", but this was a catchy, upbeat single that got a lot of air time then and still does when radio stations focus on the '80's. 

Today Mother Nature graced our geographic area with an unusual phenomenon........sunshine....the same sunshine that Katrina et al sang about.  We've had a string of totally cloudy or most cloudy days for so long that this string of hours with non-obliterated sunlight seems to be the exception rather than the norm.  Whatever the reason, it is a welcome occurrence, both for the eye and for the psyche.  My SO even came home from an early morning, red-eye meeting and said, "It's beautiful outside.  Let's go out for breakfast!" 

You only have to ask me once.

We did and both of us were possessed with extra energy that inspired us to run the ubiquitous post-breakfast errands that we each despise but know are necessary.  I am excited because I have updated snapshots from The Three Musketeers' stay with us that I can trade out and now have new images of them in all of my picture frames!  The sun continues to pour into the condo windows and is inspiring extra indoor energy to tackle the list of tasks that I really do not want to accomplish but understand I must. 

(Rhetorical Question:  Why do task lists never......I mean NEVER.....go away?  The minute I complete one task, at least one more, if not two or three, get added to the list.) 

The sun is such an invigorating influence that, if the wind-chill wasn't so low, I'd go out and wash the car in the driveway.  That was one of the tasks Capt. SO and I were going to cross off our list, but the line was so long at the car wash with other drivers who had the same thought that we nixed the idea.  I suggested to Capt. SO that he grills the salmon for dinner tonight but, again, he brought up the wind and the wind chill index.  I'm thinking that he's waiting for warmer weather??????

To quote from the song:  "I'm walkin' on sunshine, woo-oo, and don't it feel good!"

Yes, it does.

Ancora imparo