Saturday, February 12, 2011

Musings On A Saturday Afternoon

"Now I've had the time of my life...."

Remember that song from the movie, "Dirty Dancing", where "Baby" and the oh-so-suave Patrick Swayze swing, sway and rock out to the music that causes the blue-bloods to blush on the surface but secretly love it internally?

Well, I am having the time of my life with the Three Musketeers this weekend.  As I described the experience to the other set of grandparents, my SO and I are having unsupervised time with our grandchildren, a luxury that does not occur very often.  Perhaps the grandchildren's parents plan it that way, so when we are able to have "unsupervised" visits with The Three Musketeers, we have to make the minutes count.  So far, we've eaten lots of green and yellow cookies....only after eating a good meal and drinking all of our milk up, we've played Candyland together - with even the one-point-six-year-old playing and knowing when it was her turn!, we've exercised together to get the bugs out, we've tried playing the spoons, we've had excellent help doing laundry, we've carried our stool EVERYWHERE, we've started making a book together, we've read countless books with three precious cargoes on the lap, we've learned that Princess Leia is not particularly fond of baths, we've melted when Princess Leia smiles, waves to you and says "Bye" when you lay her down for a nap, and we've wished the clock wasn't ticking so quickly on these four priceless days.

Now that they are all asleep for a bit, I'll catch up on those tasks that were deemed less-than-important when The Three Musketeers were awake and, who knows, I might even catch up on a few ZZZZZ's myself.  Later it is on to helping TLV finish his book, watching a movie and eating popcorn, and making brownies, or, if I'm feeling brave, Valentine cookies with frosting.

Yes, I am having the time of my life!

Ancora imparo