Thursday, July 14, 2011

Turning Dreams Into Realities

Turning dreams into realities is not easy.  Since I do not recall anyone ever telling me it would be easy, finding it challenging should come as no surprise to me.  I suspect the ease with which the change comes is somewhat dependent on the dream, in the first place.  If I have a dream of eating a slice of pizza before the Holy Daze this December, then my dream should have little difficulty in turning into a reality.  If I have a dream of petting one of the two English Spring Spaniels down at the end of my dock, then my dream will be an easy reality.  If I have a dream of sleeping eight hours straight then my dream will more than likely be a bust.  Likewise, if I have a dream of becoming a size 6 any time soon......reality is not likely to come any time in the near (or far) future.

My dreams have been known to be silly, wild, impractical, and downright ludicrous but my dreams they are, and I stand by them.  Who knows?  Maybe someday the giant chess pieces of life will fall into place and most of my dreams will be realized and, then again, maybe not.  I do believe that success is ninety percent luck, ninety percent skill and ninety percent being able to capitalize on fortunate experiences.  Some people are just luckier than others.
 
I know I just recently had a dream come true.  I'm always dreaming about spending time with my grandchildren and that is just what took place over the past few days.  The Three Musketeers and their parents spent a few days "playing" with Capt. SO and me.  (I use the word "playing" very loosely because there is little play involved with camping with three young children.  I'm certain the Musketeers' parents would beg me to choose a different word to describe their tent-camping experience!)  There is no better dream than the dream of having little voices say "I love you!" or little hands reaching out to yours for safety, comfort, or companionship.

If my world ended tonight, I would count myself the luckiest person in the world for having just one dream come true.  Little hands and little voices, along with their parents bigger hands and louder voices.  I can count my dream list as complete for tonight!

Ancora imparo