Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just How Hot Is It?

I'm trying to embrace the heat and humidity today.  I'm trying to envision my increasingly dry and old skin being hydrated by all the perspiration that my body is generating.  I'm trying to imagine that the droplets of sweat on my brow are simply creating a "glow". 

It's so hot that the swimming pool is jammed with unsupervised pre-teens who have taken over the area and are way out of control.  (Where are their parents, I want to know?)  It's so hot that the laundry I laid out on a flat section in the helm area dried almost instantly on the ultra-heated surface.  It's so hot that those same unsupervised children keep running into the showers, grabbing a clean bath mat each time, causing the marina staff to have to do laundry constantly this afternoon. 

It's so hot that all of the Aqua RV's here in the marina are "peeing" almost constantly as their air-conditioning units run almost non-stop.  "Peeing" is what we Aqua RV owners call the circulating water that continually gets re-cycled out of the sides of the boats as the AC units operate. 

It's so hot that I'm certain eggs could be quick-fried right on the bow of Das Boot.....maybe even petrified. 

Being hot saps the energy right out of me.  I know that there are some hardy folk that really embrace heat and humidity.  I am not one of them.  I wrote, a while ago, that my idea of a perfect climate to live in seems to be shrinking in geographic area and my concept of what my favorite months of the year are is also very limiting. 
For now, I am thankful for Das Boot's air conditioning as well as her cabin that keeps the hot sunshine at bay during the waking hours.

I think popsickles are in order, don't you?

Ancora imparo