Thursday, September 24, 2009

Middle-Age Warranty Issues

Much has been written about middle-age......how fulfilling it can be, how it is the best years of a person's life, blah, blah, blah. For the most part, I find this to be partially true. (How is that for an inconsistent statement? It almost borders on oxymoronism.)

What troubles me is that many of my body parts have expiring warranties and really need extended warranty coverage. I could list innumerable body parts and body systems that are not quite what they used to be - some of which would be considered in poor taste. I am discovering that there is an unending supply of products for sale to improve these expiring parts or reverse the deterioration process. Why, if I watch one hour of cable television, I can see no less than five or six products purported to remove age spots, make wrinkles disappear, tighten skin in various places, reduce body fat, even out skin tones, and give me more energy. I could spend thousands of dollars a year trying to look decades younger. As I contemplate this probability, I can see that if all middle-aged men and women purchased these products, we could quickly improve our economy on many levels as well as bring a boon to the home-builders industry simply with the need for increased storage space in which to house all of these products......a win/win situation don't you think?

I'm excited about the possibility of looking twenty years younger in three weeks! If any of these products work, I'll be sure to let you know!

Ancora imparo