Saturday, September 26, 2009

Evil, Wicked, Mean and Nasty

New Mexico Trip, Day Three Entry

I don't mean to sound petulant, but I despise, abhor and detest our portable GPS navigation unit. It is ornery, quirky, overly-sensitive to the touch, not intuitive, etc., etc., etc.

Now I'll tell you how I really feel about it.

It doesn't shut off willingly. In fact, I think there must be an evil spirit living within it. I can push the power button repeatedly and the machine refuses to shut off. In the meantime, my SO, who is trying to drive and supervise me simultaneously, is certain that I have not depressed the correct button. So be sure.......I gently hand him the unit, he pushes the button and the unit shuts down immediately.

FURTHERMORE, the GPS screen is so touch-sensitive that even brushing it ever-so-slightly results in the display changing to a new view. Conversely, if I'm trying to type in a name under the "spell" link, the unit seems impervious to touch, producing an incorrect word from just two letters entered. As I mentioned, it has a mind of its own.

I am going on record as stating that our portable navigation unit is evil, wicked, mean and nasty.

There, I feel better.

Ancora imparo