Sunday, April 5, 2009

Speechless

This day, I am speechless.

Mother Nature is displaying her penchant for cruel jokes.

I observed inadequate, non-effective parenting yesterday that is resulting in the creation of a young tyrantice. (My word for a female tyrant.)

I attended the beautiful wedding of a young couple that has their whole life before them.

I received news of the death of a very dear man who died suddenly today, after an extremely short illness and an even shorter hospitalization. He leaves three stunned children, their spouses, and beloved grandchildren. His wife died after a long illness a number of years ago. It is inconceivable to me that the two of them are now deceased.

It leaves me speechless.........devoid of complaint or the ability to find fault with crooked politicians or greedy CEOs. My voice is silent today as I ponder just what God intended when he brought this vortex of experiences into life within the last twenty-four hours. I can't comprehend any Great Plan afoot, nor celestial purpose or coordination.

I do understand that the past twenty-four hours have brought a new beginning and a tragic ending. How do I process and assimilate all the emotions that have coursed through my head and heart?

I suppose it is the way of the world that Mother Nature trumps all, that great joy and tragedy can transpire concurrently and that some morning-words of my pastor keep running in my ear. "God is intentional regarding the symbols of this day." God put forth the symbols, now is it up to me, a mere mortal, to decipher those symbols?

If so, I am in trouble because I cannot fathom any purpose for the combination of observations that have recently occurred.

Today, it is difficult to sign........

Ancora imparo