Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Head Hurts

Gloom, despair, and misery - all three.

Anyone remember these words from the weekly, Country Western show, a number of years ago, called Hee Haw?

The words express what this day has held, thus far.

Today is gloomy because it is cloudy, overcast, grey-skied and raining. Other than that, the weather is perfect! I'd much prefer the warmth and sun that was with us for the past two and a half days.

The day is full of despair because I've been forced to move W-A-Y outside my comfort zone in computer-related areas. Since my hard drive crashed and programs have been reloaded, nothing looks or acts the same. I am a computer user that relies on familiarity of path, print, and program. When differences arise, it seemeth that I taketh a while to adapt!

My misery seems to be related to why I am distressed as well as the weather. Couldn't Mother Nature have produced a gloriously sunny day to accompany the gloom and misery I am feeling due to my brain having to learn new tricks? 'Tis not fair to have to think so hard in so much psychological and meteorological haze!

I guess I should embrace my gloom, despair and misery, wallow in them for a bit, enjoy the effects, then move on to three new moods!

Ancora imparo