Saturday, March 17, 2012

News From A Shorter Perspective

I am the eldest of Ancora Imparo's Three Musketeers, which I guess makes me TEM.  I used to be TLV but now that I am older I have grown out of and past that moniker.  I am spending four nights and five days with the Hooz and then I will go spend four nights with Granny Hay.  My sister, who Ancora Imparo refers to as Princess Leia, is starting out during my spring break with Granny Hay and then she and I will trade places.

You see, my parents and LB (Little Brother) left last night for Haiti, where they will spend seven days and nights helping out around the nation of Haiti.  My mom and my dad will teach and LB will just hang out, I think.  Grampa Hay went, too, and he will help build stuff.  He is a good builder and fixer.

When I left the Hay's house yesterday with the Hooz, Granny Hoo sat in the back seat with me and read two Roald Dahl books.  One of them was about an enormous crocodile who liked to eat children and the other was about a pelican, a monkey and a giraffe who washed windows.  Being a boy, I really liked the one about the nasty crocodile who wanted to eat children and I had Ancora Imparo read it to me twice in the car and then I asked Grampy Hoo to read it to me again last night before I went to bed.

When I arrived at the Hooz house, I got to pick which bed I could sleep in and I picked the big bed that my mom and dad usually sleep in.  I must have liked the room because I fell sound asleep right away last night and even slept through a big thunder/hail/rain storm early this morning.

Before dinner last night, Ancora Imparo and I threw around a doggie frizbee for a long time and after dinner I impressed the Hooz with my musical knowledge of musical note names like E-flat being the same note as D-sharp and A-flat being the same note as G-sharp.  I played my piano-lesson pieces for the Hooz and I even composed a piece on the manuscript paper that Ancora Imparo gave me.  Later I impressed the Hooz by wanting to take a before-bed shower instead of playing in the bathtub like I used to before I got older.  Ancora Imparo read me a Learn-To-Read book before bed and I learned a new word, "don't".  She gave me a pile of new book that I can look through whenever I want to when I am here.  I love learning how to read and spell .

It's a new day here.  The Hooz are awake early, enjoying their morning coffee.  Me, I am still sleeping in my new, favorite, big bed.

More later.

TEM