Friday, March 9, 2012

For These, I Am Thankful

  • I am thankful for small boxes, for they cannot hold more than I should carry. 
  • I am thankful that I was able to squash all of the live spiders that I found in the office I am cleaning out.
  • I am thankful that all of the spiders were of the small variety and that I was wearing big-soled jogging shoes.
  • I am thankful that I feel good after my "tests" yesterday that left little to the imagination about my insides.  
  • I am thankful that I can once again eat and drink whatever I please, whenever I please.
  • I am thankful that the awful stuff from ten years ago has been replaced with stuff that is at least palatable.
  • I am thankful that I do not keep catalogs from eleven years ago.  
  • I am thankful that I do not keep demo CD's from eleven years ago. 
  • I am thankful that the sixteen trips I made to the dumpster were in beautiful weather and constituted excellent exercise.
  • I am thankful that I can now see the carpeting in the office that I am cleaning out.
  • I am thankful that the dingy, ugly and dirty walls, in the office that I am cleaning out, are going to be painted.
  • I am thankful that when I discovered all of the holes in the sixty-year old choir robes - that I thought I could salvage - all of the bug carcasses were just that and not live bugs.
  • I am thankful that I was wearing black today when I worked through all of the dirty mess.
  • I am thankful that I had a pleasant and relaxing breakfast with myself at my favorite restaurant.
  • I am thankful that fresh asparagus is still only $1.29 a pound.
  • I am thankful that gasoline is not over $4.00 a gallon.............................yet.
  • I am thankful for my public radio station's classical music.
  • I am thankful that I was not squeamish about unrolling the architectural plans I found behind the desk in the office that I am cleaning out.  
  • I am thankful that all of the spiders hanging out in the drawings were dead.
  • I am thankful for the bug spray that I brought along today, for now I know that the two step-stools I use constantly will no longer have active spider nests underneath them.
  • I am thankful that I was able to fiddle with the blinds in the office I am cleaning out and now they move up and down.
  • I am thankful that I am not obsessing about how many spider eggs might be hiding in the blinds in the office that I am cleaning out.  (This one might be a small fib.  I think I am going to obsess about this possibility.)
  • I am thankful that I had more energy today than I dreamed I could have!
  • I am thankful for those who dream up Paper-Frog Olympics.

Ancora imparo