Monday, March 12, 2012

More Computer-like

My computer has functions I wish I had.

I wish I had a delete key, where I could either erase (delete) what I said, someone else said, or someone else is saying. 

I wish I had a built-in number pad where I could do computing on one of my hands electronically instead of writing on my skin with an ink pen.

I wish there was a universal mute button - for obvious reasons.

I wish there was a universal volume control - for obvious reasons.

I wish I could change fonts frequently.  Wouldn't it be fun to look different every day or every time you opened your mouth? 

I wish I could change vehicles as easily as it is to change fonts on the computer.  Imagine having a dozen or so cars/trucks/SUV's/MPV's available.  A little, sporty convertible to whiz about in when the weather is warm and gorgeous; a luxury car when you want to pamper yourself; a mini-type car if you just want to buzz to the post office and back home; an 4X4 SUV when the snow is deep and the roads are slippery; an 8-passenger van when you want to transport lots of people; a full-size pick-up - 10 cylinder dually - when you need to haul; a sleek sports car when you need to imagine you are Grace Kelly; an electric car that gets obscene miles per gallon when the price of gas gets over $4.00 a gallon (We're close on that one!), a camper/van when you'd like to go camping but don't want to sleep on the ground, and, lastly, an RV (not an Aqua RV) to take across country.

I wish I could "re-direct" myself as easily as my web server does when I want to open up another window.

I wish I had a backspace button in order to start over again when my foot gets stuck in my mouth.

I wish I had an escape button - for obvious reasons.

Like Dorothy, in the "Wizard of Oz", I wish I could press "home" and there I would be.

I wish I could press "control, alt, delete" and just shut myself down.

Bye.

Ancora imparo