Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blinkers, Blunders, Black, Brochures and Breakfast

What a jumble of thoughts are in my head.  They feel like a yarn mess that a frisky kitten might create if left alone in a yarn store.  Oddly enough, the coagulated thoughts all fit into the categories of blinkers, blunders, black, brochures and breakfast.  The day has been a blur, like a DVD on fast forward and no one can find the stop or pause button. 

It started with breakfast with a friend, not an "old" friend but a long-time friend whom I have not had the time to sit and jabber with for far too long.  We held each other verbally hostage until our breath was nearly spent then we parted, each to move on to the next item on a list. 

As I was driving about the country and city today, mostly in heavier work-time traffic, I could not help but notice how many drivers do not use their directional signals, even though they weave through traffic like a teenager on a skateboard.  I observed several near-misses and was just glad that all of the near-misses occurred far enough in front of me to be easily avoided had they occurred.

I went shopping, looking for a black ensemble in which to direct and was far too successful.  Funny thing about shopping - sometimes bargains just present themselves and cannot be ignored.  How a Calvin Klein leisure outfit fits the bill of a conducting ensemble is beyond me.  Could that be a blunder?  I think not!

One of my other stops was to a financial institution to get some information on accounts that are offered there.  I was inundated with brochures.  I guess that when a person walks in off the street, sort of like an unintended "cold call", the person at the information desk is instructed or encouraged to collect as many advertising brochures as are available and thrust them into the hands of the person inquiring about the bank and its services. 

Yes, there were just a couple of blunders committed by well-meaning store clerks today.  Clerks who were simply just not thinking......or they were thinking......about things other than their jobs.  Not to worry though - it did not dampen my blissful day filled with blinkers, blunders, black, brochures, and breakfast!

Ancora imparo