Saturday, November 28, 2009

Another MIlestone

Dear Readers:

I invite you to celebrate, along with me, as I compose the three-hundredth posting of Ancora imparo. When I set out, in late December of 2008, committing to write each day, little did I realize what an undertaking of personal discipline blogging would become. I am not obsessed about blogging but I have remained dedicated to the task and appreciate the structure that daily writing provides. Although certain that there are remaining grammatical and spelling mistakes to go back and systematically correct, my goal has been to compose short, reflective-yet-humorous 'columns', if you will, that are worthy of a reader's time to actually sit down and mentally ingest.

It is appropriate, in this landmark (albeit a personal landmark) posting that my remaining space be filled with a brief accounting of the weighty and culturally significant activity that I took part in last night: Playing computer-generated euchre, online, with family members.

Before you shake your head in disbelief at my description of the experience (weighty and culturally significant), keep in mind that the Thanksgiving holiday weekend is thought of as one which normally brings families closer together, via food and personal interaction. Since it was not possible for our extended family to be physically in the same place this year, playing euchre together online was a perfect solution. Not only we were able to play cards, four people at four separate computers in two locations, but we were able to instantly communicate with one another by enabling the instant messaging 'app'. The two locations also took advantage of their web cams and, voila, it was as if we were together, under one roof. No matter that we were silly and rather sophomoric with our behavior.......a great time was had by all.

And so I dedicate this personally-landmarked posting to my peeps. Spread out though we were, thanks to technology, we were together.

Ancora imparo