Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wet, Soggy, and Drenched

Al I can say is that if I see animals coming down the pier, two-by-two, we're all in trouble and I'm glad I'm on a boat! I'll be calling my children and having them join us post haste. There is no shortage of rainfall here.

This morning, the rain hitting the water had a decidedly white form and shape to it, leading me to understand just how cold it is. I felt like Puxtahawney Phil, poking my head up out of my hidey hole, assessing the temperature and weather, not liking what I see and feel, and ducking back below, waiting for another day - or another week!

All the warm-weather clothes I brought with me are useless at this juncture, simply hanging limply in the clothes locker. My head keeps swimming (no pun intended) with visions of all the cold-weather clothes I could have packed but left behind, believing that they would be useless and never unpacked this trip. My two hooded-sweatshirts have been pressed into service - one for the day time and one for sleeping - always with the hood over my head, trying to preserve whatever body heat I can. I've resigned myself to cold feet, day and night.

Oh, this is not good. Two seagulls just walked past us on the pier...........and behind them are two ducks. This pattern of two's is very disturbing.

Oh, oh. Noah's coming. Time to call the kids!

Ancora imparo