Tuesday, July 17, 2012

North Channel Great Adventure, Day One Point One, Wednesday, July 11, 2012


North Channel Report #1.1
Wednesday, July 11, 2012


At least my laptop knows what the day and date is.  Actually, I do, too, because I keep changing the pages on my pre-historic Franklin-Covey agenda.  Since my phone has been turned into “defunct” whilst I am in Canada AND I have no access to television of any kind AND  who knows if I can get a Canadian radio station out in in the boonies, I just keep turning my Franklin’s pages.  There are some advantages to paper.

Today we left the protection from and connection to anything having to do with civilization.  I suppose one could argue that we all need protection from civilization and now I could consider myself very protected.  We are anchored in a semi-secluded spot in the Whalesback section of the North Channel or Lake Huron, Ontario Provence.  At the moment, there are just two other boats anchored near us.  There is lots of space between us so we feel as if we have plenty of privacy.  The breeze is gentle, which hopefully means it will keep the knats at bay.  The generator is currently running, hence my ability to use my laptop, but once the “gennie” (boaters’ slang for generator) is turned off, the silence will be palpable. 

Capt. SO is doing whatever it is that conscientious captains do after arriving at a destination.  His notes always come in handy at some future point so I am thankful for his note-taking!

Lunch time is calling, as is either a post-lunch dinghy ride or kayak paddling…….in the kayaks, of course.

Ancora imparo