Friday, July 6, 2012

Earth To Mother Nature: Cool It!

Everybody's talking about the heat - at least where I live - and, according to the national weather map, plenty of other areas have it worse then where Capt. SO and I are.  True, it is miserably hot.  The air-conditioning units on Das Boot are keeping up to the best of their abilities, but we are babying them, just to insure that they don't overload and fail.  Even the refrigerators are struggling to keep their contents chilled.  Capt. SO is creating some type of cover for the cabin door, in order to prevent so much sunlight and subsequent heat from radiating into the cabin.  Last night we didn't even bother to crawl into the bedcovers, instead sleeping on top of them, covered only with a spare sheet.  At times, even the sheet was too much.

This morning, however, there was a lessening of heat, by a few degrees, and I was able to slip out with my I-Pod and go for my morning walk, accompanied by lots of loud, back-beat-pounding, heart-thumping tunes from my playlist.  Even though I was soaked by the time my walk was concluded, I returned to Das Boot happy and upbeat.  I do love my playlist!

I also discovered that God had my "six" on a matter that, as of yesterday morning, had given me pause for consternation.  My matter involved a lost email to a music company (they lost it) that had contained sixteen titles, composers, publisher numbers and names.  The email order had been sent about four weeks ago and, foolishly, I had not kept the email, thinking that because customer service had always been so favorable from this company in the past that there would be no issues with the email order. 

Wrong, wrong, wrong!  But, thanks to a competent customer-service representative who responded immediately to my less-than-favorable email yesterday, AND the fact that, somehow, I had kept the hand-written notes from my online search four weeks ago, AND, actually had the list in my computer bag, I was able to phone the company and give my order over the phone.  Once that order was officially placed with a live person and I received a confirmation email about the order, a HUGE weight was lifted from my brain.  After that, I was able to charge into my to-do list, which included composing a posting for Ancora Imparo.

I had threatened to drive back home today and find my order list.  Now I can stay put, stay out of the heat, and try to stay cool.  May you do the same!

Ancora imparo