Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dust-Bunny's View

I noticed a new view of the world for the first time this morning.

I mean, REALLY noticed this view.

When you are on the floor, exercising, you get to see the world from about four inches above the carpeting. What struck me were all the obstructions I would encounter if I was only four inches tall and trying to navigate through my home. I realized that, for the most part, the legs on furniture were really ugly. I noticed that carpeting covers up tons of dust, whereas when the sunlight hits hardwood flooring, dust particles and pet hair appear as topographical components. (No wonder I sneeze frequently.) I found the cemetery plots for several deceased beetles that masquerade as lady bugs and realized those beetles were possibly trying to crawl to their last meal..........a hidden piece of popcorn from the recent viewing of a movie. Lastly, I discovered that the underbelly of stuffed furniture has fuzzy 'legs' dangling everywhere. This discovery fascinated me. The fuzzy tendrils are connected, somehow, to the upholstery. I tried pulling on one and didn't like the reaction I felt............that of a loose thread from a garment seam. I envisioned the entire bottom falling out of the sofa.

What I did incidentally experience, while viewing this "brave new world" of four inches above the floor, was feeling very comfortable, safe and relaxed.

WHICH lead me to think about the world around me and how small and insignificant I am in proportion to the buildings, infrastructures, communities, cities, networks, etc. that we humans encounter each day. Yet I am able to move about from place to place, avoiding potholes, human beetles, political drivel and the fuzzy tendrils that lurk here and there. I have my senses and sense............yet.

For that I am thankful.

Ancora imparo