Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Max

I miss Max.

Max was our incorrigible English Springer Spaniel, who happened to be very lovable and unforgettable. I have pictures of him in my office and I do not think that a day goes by that I don't think about Max.

I've been pining for another dog and the desire to have another dog hasn't diminished as I hoped it would. Yes, a dog is work. A dog has to be walked more than once a day. A pet costs money. Most pets shed. (You should see the hair my long-haired cat leaves behind!) Frances, the grouchy cat would have a cow, literally, if a dog appeared in our household. You have to spend time training a dog. Yada, yada, yada.

However...........................

A dog loves you no matter what kind of foul, lousy, bad, or low mood a person is in.
A dog is always glad to see you.
A dog is indisputably faithful.
A dog lowers blood pressure.
A dog will sit willingly with you.
A dog gives unsolicited kisses.
A dog doesn't need an invitation to "talk".
A dog senses his human's mood, without having to announce what the mood is.
A dog's fur is calming to pet.
A dog guarantees at least some kind of outdoor exercise every day.
A dog likes to play.
A dog's eyes see into your soul.
A dog's eyes don't care what they see in your soul.
A dog understands tears.
A dog understands laughter.
A dog understands hurt.
A dog understands quiet.
A dog will celebrate with you.
A dog will mourn with you.
A dog will think with you.

Max liked to be read to.

Max, I miss you.

Ancora imparo