Monday, February 16, 2009

360 Degree View

I had the opportunity to mentor a younger person this morning over breakfast.

This person is sixteen years younger than I am and, although I could be the parent of this person, I rather think of myself as an older sibling. Our conversation is always lively and never lacks for search of a topic or opinion. We laugh and pray together.

Later this morning, I received a phone call from my friend, who asked me if I would help draft a job-related response sheet regarding job performance. I readily agreed, we set a time to meet and ended the phone conversation. A few minutes later an idea came and I called back with the suggestion to work through a modified 360 degree job performance view.

Afterward, I thought about the concept of the 360 degree job-related view of someone and it made me wonder what God's 360 degree viewpoint is of.......moi.

Would I survive God's job performance review? Perhaps a better question is - do I deserve to survive a job performance review by my maker?

I don't have an answer, but I sure do have questions for myself. What kind of Christian person am I? Do I measure up to God's standards? Do I even know what God's standards are? If I don't, I have no one to blame but myself.

I think I'll compose a God-related "bucket list".

I'd better get started on it!

Ancora imparo.