Monday, October 31, 2011

Pardon Moi

Ancora Imparo strives for accuracy.  Well, honesty if not accuracy.  Anything for a story, I guess.

My posting from Thursday, October 27, 2011, titled "How Many Is Too Many?" contained a gross mistake.....a four-billion mistake to be exact.  When I was writing about the next population level, I stated that the world would soon reach three billion.  I guess I have been living in a cave or on an island with Tom Hanks and his soccer ball.  I guess the good news here is that I caught my own error and corrected the posting before a reader caught the mistake for me.

As my favorite high school math teacher knows, math is not my strong suit.  Now I know why in high school, when a youngish teacher seated his Algebra One class in order of test scores, a great guy and I arm-wrestled constantly over last chair.  I think he is now deceased.  I hope he did not die of a broken heart from math-class humiliation.  I was never humiliated - although perhaps I should have been.  Maybe I could count beyond the music-major's required twelve.

In my day, if I were being chastised in grade school, I would have to write "I am sorry." one hundred times on the chalkboard.

I am sorry.
I am sorry.
I am sorry.

I hope that three times is a charm in 2011.

Ancora impoligetico