Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Handy-Dandy Weight Loss Tools

Belly-wrapping.  I had not heard of it as a serious weight-loss tool until this morning when a network-television morning "news" (There's an oxymoron, for you.) show did a segment on it.  Prior to this enlightening moment, my total knowledge of body-wrapping came from Mirabel Morgan's early 1970's book, The Total Woman.  In her book, one of Morgan's tips for a woman to be Mary Magdelene, Betty Crocker, and Angelina Jolie all in one, was to disrobe, wrap herself in Saran Wrap and greet her husband at the door when he arrived home from work.  This is what I grew up with as an example of how to be the "perfect" wife.  I never thought of Saran Wrap as a weight-loss tool.

Later, in my life, I knew a young high school student who used plastic wrap and aluminum foil wrapped around body parts (then covered by a sweat suit) to loose pounds and shed water while jogging in order to manipulate his weight for wrestling purposes.  I never tried it because, well....I should think my reasons would speak for themselves.

Now that I know about belly-wrapping, I think this procedure fits in nicely with my fall closet-cleansing.  I am certain that I could duct-tape all of those tiny plastic, zippered bags that I found all together and form a plastic wrap that should fit around one thigh.  I know that I have beaucoup bubble wrap in my walk-in closet, just waiting to be needed for something.  Why not wrap my other thigh and torso in bubble wrap?  I own several rolls of packing tape that could be used to secure the bubble wrap and ensure a hot climate and tight adherence to my body.

Remember all of the term-paper plastic covers I wrote about?  I did not discard them and they could also be fastened together with - of course - duct tape and be used on my upper arm flab that has begun flapping as I wildly gesture with my arms.  As far as reducing my turkey neck, I think I can utilize the nylon line I found that was once used for a camping clothesline.  No, not to injure myself, but to stabilize my neck nicely in order to promote heat retention and re-establish a lovely neck curvature. 

Today Capt. SO and I threw out an old floor mat that we had kept in the garage on which we wiped our feet before entering the condo.  I'm kind of sorry we let that go.  I'm quite certain I could have used it as wrap around something......but now I'll never know.

To all my female readers - throw out nothing until you are certain it cannot be used as a body-part wrap.  We'll all be size fours before the Holly Daze.

Ancora imparo