Sunday, December 28, 2008

Proceed and be bold!

I heard this philosophy (Proceed and be bold!) of Samuel Mockbee, architect, on the radio today and it resonated deep within me. For over two years now, I have tip-toed through life, dabbling here and there but never becoming grounded. It is as if leaving the teaching profession imploded my foundation and left me teetering about on stilts, losing my balance constantly. Oh, I'd latch on to some group or cause, giving me temporary stability, but eventually the urge to move on would become strong enough to propel me into another period of wavering.

Some force turned me towards a different direction this past fall (God, perhaps?) and I can sense
an inner contentment that has not been present for years. I will not proclaim this to be permanent because experience has taught me differently, but I will relish the moment(s) and proceed and be bold! Perhaps others will follow me?